It was known long ago that wellness is an inseverable connection between mind and body and even in ancient Greece doctors practiced accordingly. Nowadays all the doctors of one patient don’t exactly put emphasis between the existence of the relationship. But it’s absolutely clear that ancient Greeks were right because our thoughts, feelings and attitudes can affect our biological functioning. And on the contrary, what we do with our physical health can influence our mental state.
300 years ago mind and body were treated as a whole and the theme of separating the soul from the body created many concerns when it had been announced by René Descartes in his “Metaphysical Meditations and Passions of the Soul”.
Can you imagine that our body, mind and soul work as a system of energy? We connect them all together in order to keep energy flowing within us. This flow can be different: abundant or restricted, depending on our ‘state of being’ in each moment and it changes constantly.
So, the question is: “What is your ‘state of being”?
Our state of being is our feeling of health and wellness. It refers to the point how balanced we feel on all levels of our being. Whether we are happy or sad, healthy or ill, disconnected from spirit or not, we are either in or out of alignment with who we really are.
When we are in alignment, we experience joy in everything we do, treat others with love and respect, treat ourselves and our bodies with love and respect, have a sense of purpose and universal service.
And when we are out of it, we experience the absolute opposite of all of these things! So, if we want to be happy, successful in career and building relationship with all the people around, feel content with our life and ourselves, we have to accept that there is a connection between our mind and soul. And our goal will be harmonising our state of being so that we can effortlessly create the life that we want. Here’s how the body, mind and soul match together.
A way towards the mind-body connection and wellness
Let us dig deeper into the facts related to mind body connection and wellness. How mind body connection could contribute to wellness? Let us look.
- Stresses affect human beings both mentally and physically. That is why leading a stress-free life could pave the way towards wellness.
- Irrespective of the nature of the disease, diseases have detrimental impact on both body and mind. This is why a disease-free life should be well-desired.
- Better psychological health could improve the physical condition. If you lead your life from a positive point of view, you will achieve wellness both physically and mentally.
- A healthy digestive system and well-balanced nutritious state could maintain a proper harmony between body and mind.
How to achieve a better mind body connection
As of you now know about the scientifically proven relationships between mind-body connection and wellness, let us look closer how you could achieve a better mind body connection and proper your life toward an exquisite and well-distinguished level of wellness, both physically and mentally.
Achieving a better mind body connection
- Performing Yoga and meditation on a regular basis
- Changing the lifestyle to allow more time for yourself
- Reading and learning often
- Avoid sitting in the same place for longer duration unless you are meditating
- Wake up early in the morning and sense the essence of morning freshness every day
- Try to add more green-leafy vegetable and proteins in your diet
- Try to get involved in any kind of social work
- Listen to music and sing, if you would like to.
- Try to get sufficient sleep and maintain a decent sleep pattern
- Cut off the major stresses of your life
- Stop using too much electronic goods
- Stop spending too much time in the smartphones and TVs.
- Nurture your spirituality by regular practice of ashtanga Yoga and meditation
The principals strengthening the connection between body, mind and soul
There are four principal ways to strengthen the connection between our body, mind and soul. They are: listening to our intuition, listening to our body, deep breathing and posture integration. The body is called the barometer of the mind and soul. Your body can tell you if you are in or out of flow with its natural rhythms. These messages come to us as pain, discomfort, heaviness and the list of unpleasant sensations goes on. As for the intuition listening, it can seem like an abstract concept that only gurus can achieve. But it’s not like that. One thing is certain: listening to your intuition takes practise. If we talk about posture integration, we state that the way in which we hold our bodies delivers an unconscious message to our brains about how we feel.
To the bottom lines
In several ways, the mind and body communicate and the communication is more likely to be chemical in nature. When it comes to maintain a healthy communication level between body and mind, nurturing your own self, you must have to try nourishing your physical, mental, emotional as well as spiritual requirements.
While summarizing the facts about mind-body connection, the proven links between these two, ought to be considered, such as stress level, physical disorders such as heart problem, a healthy digestive system, psychological health, nutritious state etc. As mind and body is highly connected, a better digestive system, a stress-free life, better psychological health and disease-free life could play crucial role in yielding the physical and mental wellness. To be concluded, it has to be said that all of these things depend on us and our happiness and health are only in our own hands. If you are full of refreshing energy and leading a life from a positive point of view, nothing could keep you away from knocking at the wellness’s doors.