Are you a diabetic patient? Looking for the best foods for controlling diabetes? If it is, then you are right at the right hub-spot, as we are going to share quite a good lot of food items that could play majestic roles in controlling the diabetes.
How these foods are going to control diabetes
When it comes to controlling the diabetes, the key target should always be to keep the blood sugar level maintained in a narrow margin. It is also important that you are eating that kind of food items which could potentially prevent the diabetic complications. Let us look at our well-researched list of top ten foods to control diabetes.
The decisive factors behind
As a matter of fact, in a short while, we are going to describe the top ten foods for controlling diabetes, you may want to know the determinants of the list. How did we come up with the list? What played major roles behind choosing the food items? Let us look at the decisive factors.
- The ability of the food item to lower blood glucose level
- Affect of the food items over the cellular health and aging
- The capability of the food items to prevent insulin resistance
- Whether the foods are healthful for the overall wellbeing
- Whether these foods contain all essential vitamins and minerals
- The potentiality of the food ingredients to decrease the incident of heart diseases and stroke
- Could these foods be able to improve the cardiovascular health?
- The impact of these foods on the weight loss issue
Are all of these foods tasty and delicious? could they help to achieve a superior level of inner well-being, both physically and psychologically?
Top ten food items to control the diabetes
- Fatty fish (could be termed as one of the healthiest foods in the planet)
- Leafy green vegetables, extremely nutritious and low in calories
- Cinnamon, most delicious spice with proven antioxidant activity
- Eggs, could reduce blood cholesterol and improve heart health in addition to controlling the diabetes
- Chia seeds, could perform wonders for the people with diabetes
- Turmeric, a spice with a good chunk of health benefits
- Greek Yogurt, a fine dairy choice for the diabetic patients
- Nuts, all delicious and all nutritious
- Broccoli, perhaps the most nutritious veg around
- Olive oil, incredibly healthy and improves blood cholesterol level
As of now, you have known our top ten picks for diabetic patients, let us dig deeper.
- Fatty fish should be termed as one of the healthiest foods in the planet as it contains the omega 3 fats and omega 3 fats could potentially prevent the risk of inflammation. To be added, the fatty fishes have an extra-ordinary ability to diminish the occurrences of heart diseases and strokes.
- Leafy green vegetables are extremely nutritious and low in calories. Both of these attributes have made them highly lucrative choice for the diabetic patients. Leafy green vegetables are full of all essential nutrients and they are full of vitamins as well as minerals. In accession, their antioxidant action is something of utter origin and has be cherished.
- Cinnamon might have been the most delicious spice with proven antioxidant activity. Several studies and researches showed that cinnamon could maintain the blood sugar level. It has an exotic ability to reduce insulin sensitivity. Furthermore, it could reduce the blood cholesterol level.
- Eggs have surprising health benefits and they could reduce blood cholesterol and improve heart health pointedly in addition to controlling the diabetes. Egg is an excellent source of lutein, a powerful antioxidant that protects our eyes.
- Chia seeds being extremely low in carbs and high in fiber could perform miracles for the people with diabetes. In addition to decreasing the incidence of high blood pressure, it could prevent inflammation as well.
- Turmeric is an excellent spice with a good load of health benefits. Curcumin is the active health ingredient of turmeric and it could reduce the inflammation and control the blood glucose level. For betterment of renal health, curcumin could also play pivotal role. However, as it is not well absorbed, you have to take it with piperine that would be found in black pepper.
- Greek Yogurt, containing high calcium content and conjugated linolic acid, could have been a fine dairy choice for the diabetic patients. Not only it could maintain the blood glucose level, but also it has the ability to improve the heart health and promote weight loss.
- Nuts are all delicious and all nutritious, as every kind of nut contains a high amount of fiber and low amount of digestive carbs. If you are consuming nuts on a regular basis, it could reduce the risk of inflammation and improve blood glucose level. In addition to promoting weight loss, the nuts are famous for decreasing the LDL level.
- Broccoli might have just been the most nutritious healthy veg around, as it is a low-calorie and low-carb food and it has high nutritious value. Loaded with lots of healthful ingredients, it could protect against various diseases. It would help to decrease the insulin level. In accession, as it contains a higher level of anti-oxidants, it could significantly neutralize the free radicals continuously released as by-product of metabolisms.
- Olive oil is incredibly healthy and it could improve the blood cholesterol level significantly. It actually contains, the oleic acid, a kind of monounsaturated fat and it has proven benefits in decreasing the level of TG and HDL. In accession, it could decrease inflammation and improve cardiovascular health. Oleic acid has proven benefits in decreasing the blood pressure and improving the heart health.
If you keep diabetes uncontrolled, it could increase the risk of developing several diseases including diabetic complications. However, regular intake of above mention food items could not only improve the blood sugar level and control diabetes, but also these are capable of dramatic reduction of quite a lot of diabetic complications.
- Ashley Henshaw (May 25, 2012). “Diabetes Nutrition Tips: 6 Foods You’ll Love”. Retrieved January 7, 2013.